"You greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 1:6-7

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Process

I feel like I have been up to my eyeballs in paperwork. I had no idea how much an adoption entailed. There are copies of birth records, marriage records, vet records, doctor reports, reference letters....the list goes on and on.

We're taking one item at a time and trusting that, if this is God's will, He will help us get through it all. One day, when I was feeling discouraged about the mountain of paperwork piling up, I got a great devotional by e-mail. This is what it said:

DO THE WORK!

"Be strong and courageous and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. He will see to it that all of the work related to the temple of the Lord is finished correctly." 1 Chronicles 28:20

I love how God can speak to us through music, other people, and through His word. He is constantly encouraging us through this process and we're stepping out on faith!

1 comment: