"You greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 1:6-7

Saturday, November 6, 2010

"Be the change that you want to see in this world." -Ghandi

This is a picture of Sehin, her mother, and her sister. This picture strikes a nerve deep inside of me. It is a mother, who is too sick and too poor to care for her own children. She prays to God that He might find someone who could love her daughter....He picks us. I do not know why.

The orphanage director sent me a message from her mother,
"Hope is a great thing for my daughter, who needs a long life and better future."

2 comments:

  1. My mommy heart aches for this mommy, but I know that a mother's love is deep enough to want the best for your child no matter what. I hope she is well enough to meet you when you go to Ethiopia. I know the minute she meets you she will have her heart filled, knowing what an amazing mother you will be for her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't stop crying when I see this picture. This family has been through SO much and yet this very sick Mommy wants the best for her precious daughter. God works in miraculous ways! Wow! God oicked yOU Aim to be Sehin's new Mommy. What an honor!

    Love you sweetie!
    Your Momma

    ReplyDelete