"You greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 1:6-7

Monday, November 29, 2010

Sehin wanted to know...

We are blessed to have some contact with the orphanage director in Ethiopia. He lets us know how Sehin is doing. He gives her pictures that we send and she is able to ask some questions about our family.

One of the pictures that we sent was a family Christmas picture. There was snow in the background. Sehin wondered if it was cold here all the time. Oh honey, it can get cold here in Spokane. We wear warmer clothes when it gets cold. It can be so much fun to play in the snow though. Zac, Kayla, Jacob and Jenna like to take the snow and make a ball out of it. You can throw the snowballs at each other.

Sehin asked what we do for a job. She wanted to know how much time she would have to be alone. Oh love, we are both teachers. We work while the children are at school but we get to spend the rest of the time together. You won't have to be alone.

Sehin said, "Mam and Dad, hurry hurry, please come and take me home to America." Oh, sweet daughter, we are coming as fast as we can. We can't wait to take you home and to care for you. We want you to feel safe and loved. We don't want you to have to worry any more. You can trust us. God sent us to be your forever family.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I can't stop crying. What a dear heart our grandaughter has!!

    Would you please let her know that her Nana and Boppa love her already and that we can't wait to see her?

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that she's getting some input and exchange of messages from you at this point, Aim! Tell her we're thinking of her, and loving her from afar, and that we're anxious to know her in person.

    I'm glad the fundraising and community support are flowing well!

    I love you!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sending me to this blog. I think it is very cool, and when I have time I want to read up on how all of this came to be. Right now I think it is just what I needed to hear. Thank you very much. By the way, she has a gorgeous smile. I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete