"You greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 1:6-7

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Searching for a needle in a haystack...

Our search began for one girl in a country with approximately 5 million orphans. At the time, all I had was a name and a picture. I researched and got a list of possible adoption agencies that might be representing Sehin. Call after call , message after message, e-mail after e-mail....NOTHING. One lady told me that I was literally looking for a needle in a haystack. I responded, " I guess if it is God's will for Sehin to be my daughter, He can lead me straight to that needle."

David said is Psalm 139
"Oh Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me."
Praise God! He knew where she was and led us right to her!

2 comments:

  1. I am just left speechless by our beautiful granddaughter, Sehin She is already in our hearts! God is good all the time and all the time, God is GOOD!!

    Love you so much!
    Your Momma

    ReplyDelete