"You greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 1:6-7

Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Prayer...


Have you ever prayed a prayer without knowing how exactly God would answer?


My prayer... Lord, break my heart for what breaks Yours!



My goal in this prayer was to become more Christ-like. What I forgot was that often times instead of giving us exactly what we pray for...He may give us an opportunity to learn something through experience. For example, when I pray for patience God may not give me the gift of patience...instead, He may give me an opportunity to practice patience.


So you can imagine what can happen when I pray for God to break my heart...

1 comment:

  1. Our dear wonderful darling daughter Amy-
    From the time you were a little girl your heart broke when other people hurt. You wept when others wept. You cared people others often rejected. You have always had such a huge heart

    The prayer you prayed was a powerful prayer because God's heart must break every day as He sees the pain His children are in. To ask Him to break your heart for what breaks His is amazing.

    We are moved and inspired in the trust you have in the Lord and your willingness to follow Him. Your trust is moving our faiths to new depths. We are so proud that you are our daughter!
    We love you to the moon and back!
    Nana and Boppa

    ReplyDelete