"You greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 1:6-7

Sunday, January 2, 2011

No ridges on my fingerprints...what?

This is the picture of a fingerprint... not my fingerprint, however, because apparently I am missing the ridges that are necessary to properly identify a fingerprint. You may be asking yourself....what does this mean? The one piece of paper that we are waiting for in order to move on with our adoption is from the FBI stating that I have no arrest record. What we got instead, was a piece of paper from the FBI saying that they were unable to identify my fingerprint.

*sense the disappointment

Unfortunately, this is a 2 month process... that I have to do again and again until the FBI will accept my ridgeless fingerprints.

I was devastated! I sat in my room, weeping, thinking that my daughter has to wait at least an additional 2+ months because of this delay.

*insert GOD here

I got a message from my sister today before she knew the situation, it said: Give God Time! "He makes everything beautiful in it's time. " Eccl. 3:11
Trust Him today no matter how it looks. Your due season will come."

My mom sent this verse, "Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

I am not sure why this delay has happened, but I am sure that God is in control of it ALL! I trust Him! I am sure that one day we will look back on this situation and it will be clear that this delay was for our greater good.

1 comment:

  1. Aim- We are praying that this gets resolved quickly so Sehin can come home, but we also know that God's timing isn't always our timing.

    So.....we are trusting in Him that all things work for good, that He knows and loves Sehin, and that He has a plan in all of this.

    We lean on this verse from the Bible,

    "But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient for it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day."
    Habackuk 2:3

    We love you sweetie and we'll keep praying!
    Your prayer warriors :)
    Nana and Boppa

    ReplyDelete