"You greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 1:6-7

Friday, April 15, 2011

Keeping my eyes on HIM!


I am reminded of the sovereignty of God.
To say that God is sovereign is to declare that He is the Almighty, the Possessor of all power in heaven and earth, so that none can defeat His counsels, thwart His purpose, or resist His will (Psalms 115:3). During times like these, I am GRATEFUL that He is in control and that His ways are higher than my ways and His thoughts are higher than my thoughts (Isaiah 55:9). I am in AWE of the One who has sworn, "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand" (Isaiah 14:24).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie!
    I have read and re-read this post many times. It is such a great reminder about who God is. It gives me great comfort to know that He is all sovereign and in control.

    Thank you so much for being a testimony to His love. Your faithful walk with the Lord, especially in tough times, really inspires me in my faith.

    I love you so much!
    Your Momma

    ReplyDelete